Summer is normally the time when clubs take a break and members find the time to relax and recharge their energy for the upcoming year. This is the perfect time to reconnect with members, especially now that we CAN and make sure they are all doing okay. A few ways you can reconnect is to take advantage of the relaxed summer vibes and host a RETENTION activity –
- Do you or a member have a pool or a beach or lake house? Invite members to come and enjoy the sunshine and relaxation. Consider having a get together later in the day and turn it into a Happy Hour – supply the members with a monogramed cup to make them feel special!
- Do you or a member have a fantastic deck area? Have a deck party with Tiki torches, string lights, yummy food, and fun cocktails!
- How about an outdoor concert? Ask your members to bring one friend and “tailgate” before the concert – food and drink always brings us together!
- Don’t like the outdoors? Host a Games Party – either during the day or in the evenings – play Bingo, Bridge, Bunko, Uno, Go Fish – whatever y’all want to do!!
- Host a cooking class or another How-To activity that members would learn from – bring in EDUCATION CSP. Ask members to bring different ingredients and make the dish together or ask members to bring supplies for the How-To activity. Learning together is always FUN!
June starts us over with the GFWC Seasonal Recruitment Campaign – Hats off to Membership! The first season (June, July, and August) is RETENTION. The GFWC-NC Membership Committee is going to have a drawing at the end of each of the four “seasons” for a $25 gift card that we hope will help your club celebrate its newest members! Maybe host a social, or purchase a gift for each new member, or whatever you choose. Then at the end of the year there will be another drawing for a grand prize that will include a $100 gift card and lots of other fun stuff for your club. The catch?? Your club must submit the GFWC Seasonal Recruitment Campaign Report to GFWC and a copy to Kim Fulcher. Be sure to submit for each season your club added new members. Even if you only took in one new member – REPORT it and your club will be eligible for the drawing!
Retention is a club activity – don’t let this fall on just your club membership committee – make sure you are engaging your members to help keep others excited and active. Remember a club is not a club without MEMBERS!!