Membership in an organization carries with it obligations and responsibilities. Each member should read and understand the bylaws that serve as a contract between the member and the organization. The following responsibilities are common to members of organizations and also apply to members of federated clubs.
- Contribute one’s talents to the organization through service on committees and active participation in the work of the organization. Share responsibility.
- Promote the objectives and aims of the club.
- Participate in discussions and decisions on issues and express an opinion during the meeting and not after the decision is made. Support club decisions.
- Accept and uphold the will of the majority and respect the rights of the minority.
- Attend the meetings with regularity and be prompt.
- Attend not just local club meetings, but District, State, Region and National meetings as well
- Make prompt payment of financial obligations.
- Perform faithfully all assigned duties and when that is impracticable ask to be excused.
- Voting is a privilege. Be informed and vote intelligently.