GFWC-NC Spring Fundraiser
Give a little, get a little, or maybe a lot! We are trying something new. Here’s how the reverse raffle works.
- The ticket was designed by Fundraising Chairman Cindy Hewett. 10 tickets and a recording sheet were mailed to each District President and each EC officer.
- Tickets will be for sale at the State Arts Festival. We need name, phone number, and email address on the ticket stub.
- Return (completed) ticket stubs and money to the Fundraising Chairman at State Arts Festival or the State Convention.
- Ticket Sales will end at an announced pre-determined time at the State Convention.
- Drawings will be held on Saturday at the State Convention. Winners do not need to be present to win!
- Those who purchase tickets will have the opportunity to win: $25, $50 or $500! Every 10th ticket drawn, ticket holder will win $25 (30 @ $25= $750) Every 25th ticket drawn, ticket holder will win $50 (12 @ 50 = $600)
Final ticket drawn will win $500!
- A bonus – 1st ticket drawn will be placed back in the drawing as part of the “Final 10 Tickets” for a second chance!
- Total prize money awarded = $750 + $600 + $500 = $1,850 Total for GFWC-NC $5,650!
- Each ticket number and purchaser’s name will be displayed on a sheet of paper. These will all be displayed on a wall for all to see and removed as their ticket is drawn. A Corkboard will be used to “pin” each ticket stub as it is drawn (and in the order in which it was drawn.)
- Have fun! Fundraising Chairman will dress as a Lady Pirate with treasure chest to sell tickets at Convention. Each ticket purchaser will receive a “gold coin.”
Read Across AmericaDay is March 2nd!
Read Across America is a reading initiative created by the National Education Association that began in 1997. The project includes National Read Across America Day, an observance in the United States held on the school day closest to March 2, the birthday of Dr. Seuss.
Theodore Seuss Geisel wrote and illustrated over 60 books under his pen name, Dr. Seuss. He has sold over 600 million books and many of them are the best-selling children’s books of all time.
Literacy and learning go hand in hand. And, there is no better gift than bringing a smile to child’s face and joy to their heart. That is what GFWC-NC 7th Grand Initiative is all about. We have four months left to meet our goal as an organization of donating 55,000 books during the 2018-2020 administration. Plan your projects and have fun!
“Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get the chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.” ~ Dr. Seuss