GFWC 7 Grand Initiatives
At the GFWC Convention in June, we learned about our progress from the 2018 reports.
- 1,000 projects completed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service – 789 projects.
- 1,000 projects for Women in the Military – 799 projects.
- 1,000 members to donate $1,000 to the GFWC Capital Campaign and become members of the Million Dollar Club – 120 have donated.
- 1,000 members will join the GFWC Legislative Action Center – 1,594 have joined, so we have a new goal: 2500 members by 2020.
- 1,000 trees planted on Federation Day or Arbor Day – 17,811 trees have been planted, and we have a new goal: 20,000 by 2020.
- 1,000 pairs of shoes will be donated to Soles4Souls and Nike Reuse-a-shoe program – 36,763 pairs of shoes donated, so we have a new goal: 40,000 by 2020.
- 1,000 Dr. Seuss books be donated with 500 going to local schools and daycare centers and 500 going to DC schools and daycare centers – 50,716 Dr. Seuss books donated, and we have a new goal: 55,000 by 2020.
3 NEW BRAND Initiatives
- 1,000 calls or emails to United States Representatives on September 23, 2019 urging passage of HR 2793 Miranda Vargas School Bus Driver Red Flag Act.
- 1,000 calls or emails to US Representatives and US Senators on October 23, 2019 urging passage of HR3265 and S1831 3D Printed Gun Safety Act.
- 1,000 club/state projects to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Women’s right to vote, August 26, 2020!
August 1st is Girlfriend’s Day
There comes a point in time when GFWC-NC clubwomen need to stop and celebrate their many services to others in our communities across the state and globally. What better time than National Girlfriend’s Day! Give thought to contacting your local Art Gallery to assist you in planning an Art Party for your clubwomen or arrange a walk, a bridge game, high tea, or summer social.
Networking is fun and often brings out project ideas!
Can you think of a better day to invite your friends to a GFWC meeting or to join us as a member of GFWC?
Our Chaplain Pauletta Parker reminds us that GFWC-NC President Ann Landis’ theme for the 2018-2020 administration is CELEBRATE WOMEN and the President’s Special Project is HEALTHY WOMEN. So, let’s enjoy Girlfriend’s Day by focusing on ourselves, while CELEBRATING clubwomen!
We are excited to report that our GFWC-NC mermaid cruisers earned $481.20 from Carnival Cruise Lines, which they donated to the GFWC-NC President’s Special Project. Thank you so much to all the members and family members who attended, and Ida and Lora Lee, we appreciate you for making this happen!