What’s in it for ME????
We are entering the new GFWC Seasonal Recruitment Campaign – MENTORING. What is your club doing now to support your members and keep them engaged? This time of the year is full of excitement with so many festive holidays and we need to make sure we are staying in touch.
- Start a phone tree and call members you haven’t seen in a while.
- Organize a ZOOM Holiday gathering or a Virtual Holiday Cookie Swap/Baking party and share recipes!
- Reporting and Award entry season is coming quickly – gather in small groups (using safety precautions and following indoor gatherings guidelines) and write them together – support each other to make this process less daunting.
- If you have Big Sisters or another mentoring program, make sure you touch base often. The winter season can be lonely, cold, and sad for many. Check in often (safely of course) and share your beautiful smile either in person or with your cheerful voice!
December brings us to the middle of the holiday season and brings with it joy, happiness, smiles, family, friends, and STRESS!!! Most of us LOVE the holiday season and vow at the beginning that “I will be more organized, I will get shopping done early, I will ENJOY this time of year,” and if you are like me that falls apart on DAY 3. Here are a few helpful tips to help you slow down and love this time of year!
- Begin planning early – create lists, plan menus, and when to decorate for the season
- Spend time wrapping gifts – schedule a day or evening each week and sit and enjoy the process of wrapping gifts! Maybe watch a tutorial video on how to make your own bows!
- Grab your family, hop in the car, and drive around town to look at Holiday lights. Many towns have light festivals or homes in neighborhoods who have quite the festive lights display! And music that guides you through.
- Read a holiday book or, my favorite, watch a Hallmark holiday movie (or 3 or 4…)
- Send holiday cards – again schedule a day where you can sit with a cup of hot cocoa, cider or tea and hand address your cards. Everyone loves to receive these!
- Lastly and most importantly, do not overcommit! This is a season of joy and a time for you to take some time to rest, relax, and recharge and welcome 2021!!
GFWC-NC is checking in with all of our members and we ask that you take this quick survey that will provide us with valuable information moving forward! Please click on the Membership Survey now and check it off your list! It is not long but it is important that you complete it as soon as you can. Thank you!
Kim Fulcher, GFWC-NC President-elect, [email protected]
Hope Hockaday, GFWC-NC Director-elect of Junior Clubs, [email protected]