2020 WHRC Special Award: Women’s Suffrage Centennial
In recognition of the Women’s Suffrage Centennial, GFWC is offering a cash award of $100 to the GFWC club that best promoted the celebration in its community. This award program is in addition to, and separate from, the WHRC Advancement Plan Award Program. The deadline to enter is March 15th (by midnight) and you are limited to one entry per club. Here are the details:
- Use the GFWC Club Creativity Award Cover Sheet (GFWC Club Manual, page 12 – Check the GFWC Member Portal for this resource)
- Entries may include projects entered in other Community Service Programs.
- Entries are not limited to one project.
- Project(s) timeline is January 1 through December 31, 2020.
- One-page narrative should include:
- club size
- project(s) description
- impact/number of people reached
- volunteer hours spent
- in-kind donations, dollars spent, if applicable, dollars raised, if applicable
Submit the completed GFWC Club Creativity Award Cover Sheet and narrative:
- By mail to: WHRC Committee Chairman Hope Royer, 700 Hermitage Road, Manakin Sabot, Virginia, 23103
- By email to: [email protected], WHRC Committee Chairman, Hope Royer
WHRC Heritage Pin
The GFWC Women’s History and Resource Center (WHRC) Heritage Pin recently became available for purchase in the GFWC Marketplace. Proceeds from the sale of this unique pin will be used to repair or replace portrait frames in GFWC’s historic collection of GFWC International Past Presidents’ portraits in our GFWC Headquarters in Washington, DC.