What’s in it for ME????
With November upon us it means that our GFWC Seasonal Recruitment Campaign forms are due SOON!!
- How many new members did your club take in during this RECRUITMENT season (September – November)? Be sure you are keeping track of them and look for the report to come via email to club presidents mid-November.
- Did your club have successful recruitment activities? Times of social and physical distancing create new challenges for finding new members. Share your ideas with us!
- Did y’all have fun and interactive Zoom socials and meetings? Other clubs are asking for new ways to meet – please let us know what you did!
December starts the next recruitment season – Mentoring! While we truly never STOP recruiting, we do need to take the time to remind members “What’s in it for Me” so they feel supported, valued, and engaged our clubs.
- Consider having Big Sisters to help acclimate a new or struggling member
- Communicate with your members and discover their interests, hobbies, passions – what better way to discover a new leader!
- When you give a member a job/leadership role in the club follow up with her and make sure she is doing okay – it is easier to fix a problem before it goes too far.
Don’t forget about forming NEW CLUBS!! Have you heard anyone interested in starting a new club? Maybe someone is aging out and does not have a general club nearby? Remember it only takes 5 members to start a club and GFWC has a Special Membership Award for this administration. GFWC-NC will get a certificate AND $50 for each new club!! GFWC will gather this information from the New Clubs Forms submitted between July 1, 2020 and February 15, 2022.
Kim Fulcher, GFWC-NC President-elect, [email protected]
Hope Hockaday, GFWC-NC Director-elect of Junior Clubs, [email protected]