The GFWC Juniors’ Special Program: Advocates for Children was adopted to give all clubs an opportunity to participate in projects that benefit children of all ages.
Clubwomen can become advocates by working to:
- Ensure children are protected from harmful situations
- Encourage healthy physical and emotional lifestyles
- Impact policy to improve children’s lives
ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN PROJECTS IDEAS:
Program and project ideas are endless, but can include addressing issues such as: feeding hungry children, foster care, child passenger safety, bullying, teen violence, and increased self-image.
- Blankets for Babies: Encourage members to bring baby blankets to conferences. Members can ‘rent’ these blankets to use to stay warm when the conference meeting rooms are cold. Donate these gently used blankets and money raised to shelters or local police after the conference is completed.
- Advocates for Children ‘Juice Box’ Challenge: Challenge clubs to donate at least one juice box per member to their local Child Advocacy Centers (CAC). Juice boxes help CAC staff build rapport with children as they discuss difficult issues.
GFWC ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN WEEK
To raise awareness for GFWC’s child advocacy efforts, we have declared the week of October 24 as GFWC Advocates for Children Week. All GFWC clubs are invited to participate by planning events related to the Juniors’ Special Project. Try a new project or a previously successful one. It’s up to you! Consider your club’s interests and community needs.
- Sunday, October 21 – Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Sunday, October 20 – Saturday, October 26, 2019